Products from BUDDY.
BUDDY. designs and produces ecologically sustainable products for dogs and humans under fair conditions.
Katrin and Manuel, the founders of BUDDY. from Brühl, love their two dogs, as well as our environment. Wanting the best for both is one thing, but finding products that don't harm dog or the environment is another.
When Manuel was looking for a suitable bed for his Appenzeller mountain dog, Momo, he couldn't find anything. Material, origin, workmanship, quality, price or design - something always didn't fit. So he decided to simply sew Momo's dog bed himself. Later, Katrin came around the corner with the idea of developing a dog blanket for her Border Collie mix, Louis, that could be taken everywhere as a backpack. This was born out of Louis' great need for security and continuity, in addition to the problem that a regular dog bed can’t easily be taken everywhere. With the idea of developing a bed as a backpack, the problem was solved and Louis got his own personal retreat. In the car, in the holiday home, with friends...Katrin was able to always offer him the familiar security of home.
Manuel and Katrin's ideas worked so well that they got together and founded BUDDY., because they both quickly realized that had to be other dog owners with the same demands for sustainability, quality and design.
ENVIRONMENTAL AWARENESS & SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
Katrin and Manuel from BUDDY. believe that they are not only responsible for their best buddy - the dog - but also for our environment and the people involved in the manufacturing process of their products. That means fair pay and conditions for everyone and they’ve also received awards for social commitment to their employees.
- BUDDY. products are manufactured in carefully selected sewing factories and workshops created for people with disabilities.
- BUDDY. uses recycled materials and Oeko-Tex Standard 100 for all components of their products, which means that no pesticides are used in the cultivation of the cotton, which are extremely harmful to our environment and the workers.
- No dyes that are harmful to health or the environment are used in the dyeing process.
- Even the sewing thread is made from recycled PET bottles.
- Right down to the smallest details, like the logo on their products, BUDDY. does not use real leather, instead the fabric is made from recycled PET bottles.
- The filling (foam flakes) for the BUDDY. bed and cushion, are made from OekoTex 100 certified foam corners, which are a by-product of mattress production. This is not only sustainable, but also provides a high level of lying comfort for the dog, as the flakes do not become matted and sit up again quickly after stress
BUDDY. Honest. Sustainable. Fair.